Arbitration begins by the claimant submitting a request for arbitration to the SCC. This request for arbitration represents the statement of claim. At the same time, the claimant must also pay a registration fee.
The request for arbitration must include:
- the names, addresses, telephone numbers and email addresses of the parties and their representatives
- specific relief sought including an estimated monetary value of the claims
- the factual and legal basis relied on
- the evidence relied on
- a copy or description of the arbitration agreement or arbitration clause to be relied on
- the arbitration agreement on which each claim for relief is based (if there is more than one)
- views on the seat of arbitration.
At the SCC, we process all documents digitally. Please send the request for arbitration with attachments by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
**If for any reason the documents cannot be sent by email, they should be sent by post to:
Arbitration Institute of the Stockholm Chamber of Commerce
103 21 Stockholm, Sweden
Under the SCC Arbitration Rules, the registration fee is EUR 3,000 excluding VAT (EUR 3,750 including VAT).
Under the SCC Rules for Expedited Arbitration, the registration fee is EUR 2,500 excluding VAT (EUR 3,125 including VAT).
VAT does not have to be paid by businesses based outside Sweden. European Union businesses must provide their VAT registration number.
The registration fee is payable to the following account:
Bank: Skandinaviska Enskilda Banken AB (publ)
Recipient: Stockholms Handelskammares Service AB
Account no. (IBAN): SE13 5000 0000 0512 3822 5837
VAT registration number: SE556095795201
Please give the claimant's name as a reference when making the payment and attach the receipt to the request for arbitration.
How to do this if you cannot send electronically
** If the request for arbitration and/or annexes are bulky (e.g. if they include binders and/or materials not suitable for email), sufficient sets of all documentation should instead be submitted to be distributed to each of the respondent(s), the Arbitration Institute and the arbitrator(s).